Wednesday 23 September 2009

Apple Brownies

The apples just keep coming and I can't offer them to people quick enough. I took a basket into work today and managed to get rid of one bag but I'm going to have to think of more recipes to get through them.

I had to throw four away today, brown and puffed up and flecked with mould snowflakes....

So I made chocolate and apple brownies and, although there were cries of protestation about the fruit in them, they were wolfed down pretty quickly.

(This is an adaptation on my full proof brownie recipe that I'll post another day.)

Ingredients...

1x 25og bar Bournville chocolate
1x 250g bar of Dairy milk chocolate
8oz salted butter
1 tsp Cornish sea salt
10oz sugar
4 free range eggs
5oz plain flour
2 cooking apples

On a very low heat melt the butter and bournville chocolate in a pan, stiring every now and again....


Add the salt and put to one side. Beat the eggs and sugar together. Add to the chocolate mix and beat. Add the flour. In a lined tin add the chopped and cored apple and the chunks of dairy milk. (Don't break up the chocolate too much, otherwise it just melts away.)


Pour the mix over the apple and chocolate chunks. Bake in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment