Saturday 31 October 2009

Souperficial......

The other half has crossed the Tamar for the weekend leaving me and the laptop all alone. It means I can wear tracksuit bottoms all weekend and eat the food he hates.....Here are the top three...

1) Couscous (or mini rice as he calls it. He hates it because it gets every where).
2) Leftover red cabbage with spices (he doesn't like cinnamon and cloves apparently...first I'd heard!)
3) Roast dinners...(I think I'll only fit one of these in as he's only gone for the weekend. I've booked a table at the Victoria Inn. My first visit this year! I'll post photos tomorrow)

Most weekends I'm desperate to lounge in bed but I was surprisingly restless this morning and decided to head into Truro.

If you haven't been there before it's the most lovely city to shop in........

There's lots of small alleyways and streets to wander around.....

I was scouring the charity shops along River Street for vintage cookware. There's quite a few pieces I need but I can't bear the thought of buying new ones which are so stupidly expensive.

But today there was nothing worth buying. I may head to Penzance this week...the charity shops there are amazing. But I did find this vintage bag....£3.99!

I love it! It's so thick it feels like it's been made out of a horses saddle. By the time I got home my toes were freezing...I'm not sure how much longer I can get away with wearing flip flops. I needed something to warm me up....

Thai Green Chicken Soup.....


Thai Green Paste:

1 clove garlic
1 inch fresh ginger chopped
3 kaffir lime leaves
1 tsp shredded galangal
2 pieces lemongrass
2 green chillis
1 small onion
1 handful coriander
1 squeeze fresh line
1 tbsp fish sauce

Put all the ingredients in a mini chopper and process.

Soup Ingredients

Thai chilli paste
1 can coconut milk
1 chicken stock cube
1 handful shredded roast chicken

In a wok put the paste and stir around a bit. Add the coconut milk. Put the stock cube in the tin and add hot water right to the top. Put in the wok with the rest of the ingredients. Add the chicken. Simmer until slightly thicken (about 10 to 15 minutes). Serve with homemade garlic
bread.

2 comments:

  1. Does any fellow blogger know why the lines are so close together? I go into edit and add spaces but it ignores it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you solve the problem with the lines? They look fine to me - same as your other posts.
    I can't believe your other half doesn't like roast dinners! That's madness! Glad to hear you're getting one in while he's away. :D
    That soup looks lovely. I love that combo of thai flavours with chicken. And it looks pretty easy too, which is important!

    ReplyDelete