Thursday 24 June 2010

Sounds fishy....

I hate conflict. I can't deal with complaints. I always say sorry when something isn't my fault. But I'm a Libran. I like to think I am perfectly balanced can see both sides of an argument. There are some foods that just need something else to transport them into the world of deliciousness. A medjool date and a piece of cheese or a tomato and a pinch of salt. But some foods are sacred and chefs are always shouting that they should be messed around with....like a perfectly bland crab sandwich.

But I'm not a chef. And I only ever cook things I like. So I'm not afraid to say it...My names Issy Taylor and I like cooking with clotted cream. If I mention it people gasp a little especially if it's linked with something savoury but it's a brilliant ingredient. I'll admit it's best eaten at room temperature with a finger dunked in the tub. But it's also great with seafood

Clotted Cream and Smoked Mackerel Bake (Serves 2)

1 large smoked mackerel fillet
3 large tbsp clotted cream
3 dsp milk
2 oz Parmesan
pepper

Bread to serve

Preheat the oven to 200'c. In a bowl mix the cream, cheese and milk until running. Flake the fish into large chunks and stir into the cream.

Pour into two small heatproof bowls or one medium sized one.

Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until golden.


Serve with some crusty bread of some peppery rocket.

1 comment:

  1. Quite right too. Traditionally, clotted cream in Cornwall was used in all sorts of dishes.

    ReplyDelete