Sunday 19 December 2010

Check it sprout.....

We've decided to spend Christmas Day with the in laws and I have no involvement at all. It's the first proper Christmas I have spent without my family (2 years ago I had to work but that doesn't count.) No Christmas dinner cooking to do. No stormy boat rides home. It feels completely weird.

Last night we had a mini Christmas dinner with Team Bramble (a group of friends we holiday with on Scilly every year.) We exchanged gifts.....lots of homemade goodies.....

I've already eaten most of the chocolate truffles I was given.

But even though I'm not involved in Christmas dinner I'm still making dishes here and there to remind me of home.

Sprouts with Creme Fraiche.......(serves 4 as part of Christmas dinner)

20 sprouts
1 large leek
1 oz butter
2 tubs creme fraiche (I forgot to check the actual size but it was these ones!)
1 handful breadcrumbs
Preheat the oven to 180'c. Cut off the woody bottom of the sprouts and slice each one vertically into three. Slice the leeks thinly. In a pan melt the butter. Over a low heat fry the leeks and sprouts until they start to soften.

Add the creme fraiche and let it bubble over the heat. Pour into a heatproof bowl and put in the oven for 10 minutes or so until the breadcrumbs have browned and the dish is bubbling.


I could easily eat this on it's own and would be great for dairy loving vegetarians.

No comments:

Post a Comment