Monday 27 December 2010

Flip side....

I woke up at 430am on Christmas Day but lay on the sofa watching Christmas films waiting for the other half to wake up. Finally at 7am it got too much and I woke him, sliding into the bedroom wearing festive socks shouting "It's Christmas!". (I am very irritating in the morning.) He took it quite well and we opened our stockings. His first open was a magic garden. He was given one last year and loved it.

My first present was some fancy weighing scales which I love.....This morning I made pancakes or breakfast and christened them.....

Breakfast pancakes with cinnamon and honey butter (serves 4 generously).......

8oz self raising flour
1oz butter
1oz sugar
9floz milk
1 pinch salt
2oz extra butter
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 heaped teaspoon honey

Put the flour, butter, sugar, salt and milk in a bowl and mix together into a batter.

Grease a frying pan or griddle with a tiny bit of oil and drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto the hot pan. Once little bubbles form flip over with a fork or fish slice.

Put a pan on the hob and add the extra butter, cinnamon and honey. As soon as it bubbles take off the heat. Mix together.

Pop the pancakes on a plate and pour the butter over the top. Sprinkle with a little icing sugar if you like. I add a pinch of sea salt over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment