Thursday 24 February 2011

Crab pasta.....

There is sunshine on my back as I write, warmer than any day this year. Holidays makers and children off school dance along the road outside, their winter coats undone and their gloves in their bags.

Later I go to the beach and think about taking my shoes off to dig my toes in the sand....


I am loathe to say it but it feels as if spring is in the air. Then the bite on my cheeks reminds me that it's still February. That feeling of springtime makes my tummy rumble for something summery. My Cornish Food Box delivered me a large packet of freshly picked white crab meat. After eating some on buttered toast the rest went into a pasta tea.

Crab spaghetti with capers (served 4)....

250g/8oz spaghetti
250g/8oz picked crab meat
1 tbsp olive oil
1 bunch spring onions
3 tomatos
1 handful parsley
2 tbsp capers
1/2 red chilli
1 lemon

In a pan fry the chopped spring onions and the chopped chilli. Scoop the seeds out of the tomato and chop into small chunks. Add to the onions. Cook the pasta in boiling water for about 10 minutes until soft. Drain. Add the crab to the onion mix and carefully mix through on the heat. Add the capers and the zest and juice of the lemon.

Toss through the pasta and sprinkle parsley over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment