Sunday 3 April 2011

Boconnoc Spring Flower Show....

This weekend it was the Spring Flower Show at Boconnoc. About 8000 people descend on the historic estate. There's every flower and plant you can think of.....camellias, rhododendrons, trees and shrubs. The colours are beautiful. It also has a wonderful food tent with an unusual selection of pasties!


Today there was a new stall (for me) the 'Bellamama Deli". It's website says it's been around since 2009 but it was the first time I've seen them at an event. It's so refreshing to see a deli with so many homemade goodies. I had a slice of the spinach and feta filo pie for my lunch but there were also delicious looking chorizo, red onion and chilli quiches and some amazing scotch eggs.

I'm definitely going to plan a walk around Lostwithiel so I can head their for a proper picnic. I'm still thinking about their millionaire's shortbread.

Bellamama Deli, Fore Street, Lostwithiel
01208872524

2 comments:

  1. Bellamamma is one of our regulars, but haven't managed to find their website before, so thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turns out I am behind with the times- everyone seems to know about it and loves it!!

    ReplyDelete