Wednesday 21 September 2011

Cornwall Food and Drink Festival 2011...

It seems as if autumn is here. There's a waft of cider in the garden as I scramble to pick up the fallen apples dodging the fizzing ones I didn't get to in time. The sun's streaming onto the mud on the creek while the wind is knocking off leaves which hit my head making me jump as I think another angry wasp is attacking me for stealing its fruit.

The Cornwall Food and Drink Festival marks this coming of autumn. A massive harvest festival of farmers, local producers and chefs. Crowds crush into the marquee on Lemon Quay in Truro tasting what's new this year and coming out laden with cheeses, hams and breads.

My colleagues James and Debbie are starting the festival off going head to head using produce on sale at the festival. James is already convinced he'll lose, so go along and clap for him.

There's more than sixty producers there, as well as masterclasses and events. If you can't get there you can always listen to what's going on on BBC Radio Cornwall when Martin Bailie presents his show there from 3pm.

The Cornwall Food and Drink Festival starts at 9am on Friday and I'll be blogging some of the best bits...

No comments:

Post a Comment